- All Souls Day Holy Eucharist Service at Trinity Anglican Church in Cottam at 7pm. All are welcome!
- EVENTS AT ST. GEORGE'S, LONDON:
A service of Choral Evensong. November 13 at 4pm. All are welcome!
Word Salad? A Conversation about Key Christian Words
As ordinary believers, we learn ‘to speak Christian’—and so to act and think Christianly—primarily through engagement with the Scriptures, prayers, and hymns of the Church. But these terms apart from theological reflection can sometimes degenerate into a kind of ‘word salad’; words we use without any clear sense of their meaning. This fall we will have an opportunity to reflect together on primary terms of the Christian vocabulary:
Jesus Christ – November 2
Holy Spirit – November 9
The Human Being – November 16
Each session will begin at 7:00 pm and end at 8:30 pm. There will be ample opportunity for questions and discussion. The sessions will be facilitated by the Rev'd Canon Dr. Tim Connor. All are welcome!
A service of Nine Lessons and Carols. December 18 at 4pm. All welcome!
- ST. THOMAS CHURCH, ST. THOMAS EVENTS:
Almighty Roast Beef Dinner Fundraiser
Friday, October 28 from 5 to 7pm at St. Thomas Anglican Church, 20 Flora St., St. Thomas.
$20.00 per meal.
Ticket sales begin @ 2:30pm the day of the dinner. Eat-In or Take-Out available. Come out and enjoy a heavenly meal.
Christmas Wonderland Bazaar
Sat., Nov. 12 from 8am to 12:30pm at St. Thomas Anglican Church, 20 Flora St., St. Thomas.
Gift Baskets, Instant Win, Jewellery, Children's Table, Sewing/Knitting/Crafts, Bake Table/Preserves, Frozen Meat/Fruit Pies and much more. Coffee Break, Light Lunch from 11:30am to 12:30pm.
Every Tuesday starting at 1:30pm at St. Thomas Anglican Church, 20 Flora St., St. Thomas.
minimum donation of $3.00. Please help provide light snacks to be shared. Come out to enjoy the fun and meet new people.
- St. John's Anglican Church. Tillsonburg - OCTOBER FEST SUPPER. Saturday , October 29 at 5:30 p.m. Serving Pulled Pork on a bun, Oktoberfest sausage, baked beans, coleslaw and homemade apple crisp. $15.00 adults, $7.00 child under 10. Take out available.
- From Fan to Follower: Expanding the Bubble of God’s Kingdom. A musical sermon with Rev. Mark Curtis (in person and virtual) Sunday, October 30 at 7:00pm. St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Port Dover (302 St. George Street). Free Will Offering.
- Old St Paul's Anglican Church in Woodstock.
Second Online Christmas Auction is coming up on November 1 to the 7.
0ur auction is critical to the ongoing success of our outreach efforts at Old St Paul's which continues to host the Inn, Oxford's shelter for the homeless. SEE THE POSTER
- CHRISTMAS CRAFT BAZAAR: Hand-crafted items and second-hand bargains could be yours at the Christmas Craft Bazaar at Church of the Ascension in London. The church is hosting the sale on Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to noon at 2060 Dundas St. There will be quilts, knitting, woodworking, sewing, jewellery, and baked goods from church and community makers, plus used books and Christmas decorations, a tearoom and more. Poster can be viewed at https://ascensionlondon.com/2022/10/10/christmas-craft-bazaar/
- EVENTS AT HOLY TRINITY ST. STEPHEN’S MEMORIAL, LONDON:
1) Evergreen Bazaar will be November 12 from 9am to 1pm at Holy Trinity St. Stephen's Memorial, 727 Southdale Rd. E. London. There will be a bake table, Christmas cakes, meat pies, crafts, bottle draw, silent auction, "Gifts to Go", Christmas decor, jewellery, surprise boxes, children's table and much more. There will be no admission charge. Also a BBQ lunch is available to purchase and 'The Book Nook' will be open that day.
2) The Book Nook will begin winter hours starting on November 5. Hours will be Saturdays only 10am to 3pm. Fiction and Nonfiction books, Children's books, puzzles, games, art by local artists and much more. Hardcover books $2 each or 6/$10 while Soft cover books $1 each or 7/$5. The Book Nook is in the building behind Holy Trinity St. Stephen's Memorial 727 Southdale Rd. London.
- ST. JOHN’S BY-THE-LAKE, GRAND BEND EVENTS:
St. John’s By-The-Lake 7th Annual Helping Handbags. Friday, November 18 at 7pm. 70642 Ontario St. N., Grand Bend. Donations of gently used handbags new toiletries collected for Huron Women’s Shelter, Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia and Women’s Rural Resource Centre. CHECK THE POSTER
Christmas Bazaar: One Stop Shopping. St. John’s-by-the-Lake, Grand Bend, Saturday, December 3, 10am-2pm.
Lots of new vendors and our returning favourites! CHECK THE POSTER
- Holy Trinity, Lucan: A Nativity Exhibit 2022
Sunday, Nov 7:
Blessing of the Nativity Scenes @10:30am;
Nativity Scene viewing 2:00pm-4:30pm
Wednesday, November 30:
Nativity Scene viewing 5:00pm-7:00pm
FORUM: What does Christmas mean to you today @7:00pm
Saturday, December 3: Nativity Scene viewing with hot chocolate and Christmas cookies in the parish hall 3:00pm-6:00pm
Sunday, December 4: Church service @10:30am
Community Carol Sing featuring the Medway Choir (2:00pm) and reception to follow
DISPLAY YOUR NATIVITY SCENE! Scene drop off: Nov 24 and 25 from 6pm-8pm. Pick up: Dec. 8 form 5pm-7pm POSTER
- Bach Vespers: Spiritus Ensemble performs Bach, Cantata 93 and Purcell, Hear my prayer, O Lord at a Bach Vespers service on Sunday, November 6 at 4:00 p.m., St John the Evangelist Church, 23 Water Street North, Kitchener. Admission free, donations welcomed.
- St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church – Strathroy. Yuletide Marketplace. Sat., Nov. 12 from 10am to 2:00 pm at St. John’s Anglican Church, 34 Head Street North, Strathroy.
Handcrafted Artisan goods as well as some tasty treats. Great opportunity to get that unique Christmas Gift!
- Christ Church Amherstburg - Sunday, November 20 at 3:00 p.m. TIA & TOMMY CONCERT
Tia McGrath & Tommy Parnham are back in concert at Christ Church. Tickets are $20/adult, $30/family (1 adult & children). Call (519) 870-0930 for tickets.
- Victorian Christmas Tea at the Church of St. Jude, 1537 Adelaide St N. in London.
November 26, 2022 at 1pm
There will be fancy sandwiches, homemade scones and of course tea!
$25.00 for Adults and $10.00 for children 12 and under. Call 519-660-6198 to reserve your tickets
- The Salvation Army Christmas Kettles. Kettle season is almost here! CHECK THE POSTER
As always we are looking for lots of volunteers to help make this a successful campaign. Our goal this year is $550,000.00! Donations raised go towards providing life changing opportunities and materials for London's most vulnerable.