New to the Blue Mountains? Don't worry, many of us are too!
Here are some responses to commonly asked questions from visitors to our community:
- What is our church like? St. George's is a multigenerational Anglican congregation that gathers together members from diverse denominational backgrounds. While our church historically served long time Anglican residents of the Clarksburg and Thornbury villages, today over 80% of our membership has moved here from the Greater Toronto area and over half of our community has come from non-Anglican faith traditions.
- What about my kids? Young families and children are a valued part of our parish family. Our Pastor to Youth, Loriena Forsythe and our youth ministry leadership team would be delighted to meet you. Family ministries include Sunday WHIRL children's worship (at our 10:00 a.m. service), monthly Messy Church gatherings (Church especially designed for busy families on the go!) and annual children's outreach projects. Our facility also offers family bathrooms equiped with changing stations.
- Where do I park? Over the last couple of years St. George's has expanded and upgraded our parking and accessibility services. We have 55 allocated parking spots (including 8 handicapped spots) in addition to parking on Marsh and Russell streets. For seasonal services, events and large funerals, St. George's often partners with St. Paul's Presbyterian church to access their additional parking options. Further accessibility features include a heated wheelchair ramp, accessible washrooms, a hearing assist system and presentation monitors in both our sanctuary and parish hall.
- What do I wear? While sometimes Anglicans may have a reputation for 'stuffiness', this is certainly not the case at St. George's. Please come however you are comfortable. You'll notice that, as we live in a four seasons community, sometimes our members are dressed for the ski slopes, for Sunday hiking or even the beach! All are welcome.
- How can I get connected? Fellowship and support are signficant aspects of our faith life together. The easiest way to get connected to others is to join in our weekly fellowship time: hosted before 8 a.m. for early risers and following the 10:00 a.m. second service on Sundays. St. George's hosts numerous movie nights, potlucks and small group ministries. Contact our office for upcoming events and activities.